Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Days 15-21

I am so far behind it's not funny! However, if you had been in my house the last 2 weeks, you would completely understand! The flu, strep, pregnancy, puppies...the list goes on and on. So I'm going to catch up on all my days now, and I am striving to stay caught up for the rest of the month.

Day15--I am thankful that God has given us nurses, doctors, ARNP's, and midwives. I'm thankful that the doctor Chris seen diagnosed him quickly and gave him medicine the effectively got rid of the flu right away. I'm thankful for our pediatrician. The whole office is wonderful and I am usually able to get Maddison a same day appointment, and I'm so thankful for that. Ann has been great from day one and there is no one else that I trust with my children. She's very personable, cares about me as a parent, offers great advice and take the absolute best care of Maddison. She was able to see her right away and had no issues with it being my mother in law who brought her in. I'm thankful for Cyndi, who is my midwife. She is awesome. She has taken great care of C.J. and myself and has not forced anything on me, but has listened and give the best advice. I believe the God is THE GREATEST physician and can cure anything quicker than any doctor, but I am so thankful that he has given our doctors the knowledge, and personalities that we need to fit us and our needs.

Day 16--I'm thankful for a family that still holds true to old family values and believes in coming together and helping one another out. There are many families today that never get help from one another. I would be in serious trouble if our families decided to no longer help. It just so happens that when Maddison got sick, the first appointment I could get her was on the same day and at the same time as mine. It was quite interesting to think about how I was going to be in Gainesville and Starke at the same time. Both appointments were very important and I didn't want to cancel either. Thankfully, my mother in law graciously said she would take Maddison to her appointment. I knew she would, but it's just so nice to know that no matter what, I have that help when I need it. Chris and I both have been blessed with families that have done and continue to do all the can for us in all aspects of life. We would definitely be lost with out them.

Day 17-- I'm thankful that God has allowed me to bear children. There are many people in this world who want nothing more than to be able to have children of their own and can't.  I always think and pray about two special families that have been brought into my life and who cannot have children. There have been times in my pregnancy when I have felt bad for talking about how great it is to be pregnant, or for inviting them to my baby shower, to share in something that they will never experience. However, these people have been great to us, celebrate in our happiness, and have never had a bad outlook. I know that in the comfort of their homes, tears have been shed and that the want for children will never go away, so I do my best to not take my children for granted. To enjoy, even the most rough parts of being pregnant, and I always say a little prayer for those who can't have children of their own. I am very thankful for the option of surrogacy and adoption so that my precious friends still have the option to parent children. I pray that God continues to bless them and that when His time is right, that they will have the children that they have wanted for so long.

Day 18-- I'm thankful for my jeep and Chris's car. Where would we be without these? My jeep is nothing special, not new, has some things that need work, but it's mine. There are no payments to be made, and it gets me from one point to the next. I can depend on it and it's plenty big enough for our family and our luggage for when we take a trip. Chris's car is also dependable, a little newer and we're still making payments on it. However, it has taught us a lot of responsibility and it will feel rewarding to him to know he has paid for the car on his own and that it's his when it's paid off. Many people don't have the luxury of owning or having cars like we do, and I'm thankful we have been blessed with them.

Day 19-- I'm thankful for my Bible. The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. I'm thankful that when I have a question about how God wants me to handle something or how he wants me to dress, treat my husband and my children that I can go to His word and find all the answers. I'm thankful that when someone tells me what I believe is wrong or that my view on a controversial subject is not right, I can open my Bible and show them, that they might not agree, but that it's what the Bible says, and I do not have to argue the Bible. Everything in there is what God said, and what God said, is final, whether we like it or not.

Day 20--I'm thankful for such a great pregnancy. It has been rough, there's no questioning that. I am exhausted, I hurt all the time, I am never comfortable, I am always going to the bathroom and getting a good nights sleep....it out of the question. But, it could definitely be much worse, and I'm thankful that it's not. I'm taking it all with the best stride possible, and even though I tend to look as bad as I feel, I'm staying positive. I've had no issues with blood pressure, protein or glucose in my urine and C.J. has been active, had a great heartbeat and has been growing normally the entire time. I know I could be in a lot worse shape and I have watched many women go through steroid shots, induction and emergency c-sections because of issues they've had, and I'm so thankful that is not me. I do not take it for granted that things have been "easy" for me. I know when it's all over, I'll miss being pregnant and feeling the wonderful movement of a child inside me, so I'm doing my best to enjoy it. It won't be long and he will be in my arms...I cannot wait! :)

Day 21-- I'm thankful for Christopher's job. He's working over because of a little mishap, he'll be working tomorrow (Thanksgiving), he'll work Friday, Saturday and Sunday,which is usually his day off, but they needed people to work. If things don't work out...he'll work Christmas, and New Years too. It's rough and I do not want to spend my holidays without him, but I'm thankful he has a job. There are many people who don't have one and are struggling to make and to find a job. So until God opens another door, we'll continue to make this one work and just be thankful that it pays well and provides the things we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment