Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 3, 4 and 5

What a crazy weekend! I am terrible about sitting down and making time for the little things, like blogging....because of this, my blog suffered over the weekend. However, I will now catch up and share the things I'm thankful for for Days 3, 4, and 5!

Day 3---I am so very thankful for my children! They are wonderful and such a blessing. I never knew a love like I know now, and I can't imagine living a life that doesn't involve the wonderful blessing of children.

Maddison~ This little girl changed me in ways I never knew were possible. During deployment when I didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to smile, laugh or even eat....she gave the strength to do so. She kept me going and filled a void in my life that I never knew was there. She has brought so much joy to my life. When I first found out I was pregnant with her, I was scared to death. Was I ready to be a mom, would I ever really be ready? Thankfully, she has a daddy that stood right by me and together, we have learned some of the ropes to parenting. She has taught me patience, to cherish the little things, and that children grow up way too fast!

Baby # 2~ This tiny little baby also changed me. I don't know whether this was a boy or girl, and I have no pictures to look at, but this baby is just as much my child as Maddison. I seen the little baby on the ultrasound, to me, it looked perfect, but for some reason God seen different and called this precious little being home before we ever laid eyes him/her. This was one of the most difficult things I have ever been through and at times I didn't think I was going to get over it. Miscarriage is an awful thing, but I leaned on my God and my family and seen the blessing through the trial. I wanted another baby so bad, and I was so excited, yet it was all taken from me in the blink of an eye. However, I'm thankful it was an early miscarriage. I am now a stronger person, someone who can reach out to those who go through the same thing and tell them that there is still hope for a healthy baby, and that they can get through it just like I did. I would love nothing more than to hold this baby in my arms and love on it and cherish it, but I know Jesus can do a much better job at that than I can. I can rest easy and move because I know my child is living the perfect life and is my Lord and Savior. It's been almost a year since he/she went to heaven and there are many times I think about him/her and sometimes I still cry for my baby, but I know everything happens for a reason and that God has the perfect plan.This baby taught me just how precious life really is.

C.J.~ I have yet to meet this little boy, but I am waiting patiently. I have seen the wonderful miracle of life come together on the ultrasound screen. My very first visit, there was nothing but a yolk sac that was preparing for a baby....exactly one week later, there was a baby with a wonderful heartbeat. At 20 weeks, he was just as healthy, growing wonderfully and moving all around. He has taught me that even though God saw fit to bring my second home with Him, that he can still bless me with healthy children. I have already learned, just through pregnancy, that boys are much different than girls and I am most certainly going to have my hands full! I cannot wait to hold this precious baby in my arms and I refuse to take every moment of this pregnancy of his life for granted, because I have already learned that life is just too short!

Day 4---I am thankful for my parents and my in laws. No matter what, Chris and I can always count of them for whatever we need. They have given us advice, helped us financially and even taken care of our child when we just needed a break. Our parents raised us to the best of their ability, and if I can say so myself, they did a pretty good job. We consider ourselves lucky to both come from homes where our parents are still married and that because of this, they have taught us that when things get hard, doesn't mean it's time to quit. They all are also wonderful grandparents. I know what it means to have a great relationship with your grandparents and what it means to have wonderful grandparents and I'm so thankful that God has blessed my children with them.

Day 5--- I am thankful for friends and family that pray! Last week was rough, and if today is an inkling of how the rest of the week will be, I just want to go to bed and stay there. Since that is not a possibility, I'm just praying and being thankful to those that pray with me and I'm trusting that God will take care of everything and has a plan in motion. If you're reading this, just please say a prayer for my family and I. We greatly need it and appreciate it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment