Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Days 11 &12

Day 11--- I'm thankful for Veterans; past, present and future. These men and women have willingly put their lives in danger defending all the things that I cherish in this life. My freedoms, the comfort of knowing that I can lay my head on my pillow and know the war is not on my back yard. They have sacrificed time with their families, their freedom, the luxuries we have, and some have even gave their lives. I can never thank them enough for what they have done. There are a few veterans in my life that are very near and dear to me: my one and only, Chris,and his battle buddy Danny...they seem to have helped each other a lot through the deployment. My uncle Steve who fought in the war on terrorism. He went over several times and thankfully made it back each time. He even sent me a a wonderful blanket from over there which I love and use each winter. The last two men were always veterans and I always had an appreciation for them like I do all the veterans but it wasn't until many many years after their service that I met them and they became so much more than just another veteran and those two men are Christopher's (and now mine) grandfathers, Papa John and Papa Jackie. I did not know them during their time of service, however, I am so very thankful for them because if men like them didn't do what they did, things would be very different today.

Day 12--- I'm thankful for my home. It's small and definitely not grand and to most people is just a house that has a lot of stairs. To me though, it's my home. It's full of all the great memories I had  growing up. The Christmases with mom, dad and Anthony, the many birthdays, Easters, and just family get togethers we had. This is the place where Chris asked me to be his wife, where we began our journey together, where we brought Maddison home to and where we will bring C.J.. It doesn't even compare to the houses that others live in, but it's home. It's cozy, welcoming, and if walls could talk they would tell you just how wonderful our home is. It's not perfect, it needs a little TLC in certain area's but I'm thankful we have it to live in. Many people don't have a house to call home and I'm thankful that after almost 19 years of living here, the house my mom made a home for us is now the place I'm making a home for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment