Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 7 and 8

Sometimes in the evening I am just so ready to go to bed that by the time Maddison goes down, I am ready to go with her. That makes everything I haven't done for that day get pushed to the next. I am, however, okay with this because I definitely need the rest. Little C.J. is kicking my butt and the more rest I have, the better I feel. :) At this moment, I can feel him hiccup, and I am cherishing this time I get to feel him move because I know it won't be long and he no longer be taking up residence in my belly!

Day 7-- I am thankful for my church. Our church family is wonderful, not perfect as no one is, but wonderful. They care about us, miss us when we're gone and pray for our needs. Our church is not extremely huge with a whole ton of people, but I like it that way. Our preacher is awesome...willing to do anything for us at any time of the day, regardless of what the need is. His wife is one of the greatest prayer warriors we know, and I'm so thankful that I go to a church where I can depend on them to help me out and I know that I can trust the advice they give.


Day 8--I'm thankful for my best friend Chelsey! She is absolutely wonderful! She has been with me through it all. We have been friends for more than 18 years and I couldn't ask for a better friend. She was at my wedding, stayed at the hospital waiting for Maddison to get here, has went to all 5 of baby showers for both of my children, has listened to me fuss about everything, and even spent several nights with while Chris was deployed. Many people think we're sisters...especially now that we have the same last name. Sadly, we tell them no, but she's the sister I never had. I pray for her and that God blesses her with all her needs and then gives her a little more. She is wonderful and I know that I can depend on her. We don't see each other often, but I know that she is there and all I have to do is call and text and she will listen to me. I'm looking forward to many, many more years of being friends with her! I'm thankful God placed her in my life. She has helped me in ways I can never explain!
                                            One of our very first pictures, this was 2nd grade
                                    Our most recent picture. Nov. 3rd, 2012 at my baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment