Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm a Slacker.

    I've totally been slacking on my blog post. One, because things have been crazy, and two, I just haven't taken the time out to do it. Anyways, lots has been going on around here. Thankfully, Maddison is almost fully over her ear infections. It's awful watching her hurt and be miserable. I hate it when she's sick. Nothing makes her feel better, she can't exactly tell me what's wrong and she isn't able to get comfortable. It all started with a runny nose, and then just got worse. Thankfully, the doctor was able to see her right away and we were able to her started on some antibiotics before it got too bad. I'm proud of her though. She's been in a fairly good mood through it all and has taken her medicine really well. We've went from having to use a syringe to her drinking it out of the medicine cup all on her own. I just can't believe how much she has grown. She's definitely an independent little girl, and stubborn as ever, but she makes me proud.  I'm glad the infections are just about gone and she's back to being my happy little girl full of smiles.
   I said I would blog about my weight loss in my next blog...but really there's nothing to say. I'm kind of holding out at the 10lbs down mark. It's kind of depressing, but I know it's my fault. I've not been as disciplined about what I"m eating, and I haven't been active at all.  I don't want to make excuses, but I haven't been sleeping well. Which could possibly be a side effect of the medicine. Thankfully, I slept well last night and have committed to getting my house back in shape and doing Zumba on the Wii or the Wii fit. Just something to get me active for a little bit. I'm going to start getting back to my healthy eating as well. I'm kind of limited on what I can eat right now, so I got bored right away with everything that I was eating...and water...it's kind of boring too. Thank goodness there's a little thing called Crystal Light. I'm determined though to get this weight off. I've lost ten pounds, I can do this!
      Things are going wonderful in our life though, things could be better, and it's been a little crazy, but Chris and I are definitely blessed. Sometimes our marriage is hard, and we argue, and just can't seem to find an even ground, but lately things have been good. I'm kind of bummed that it's drill weekend, because that means he's gone before we get up, and usually doesn't get home until around 7. And then, Sunday, he'll go to drill, come home sleep, and get up to be at work at midnight. It's stressful and tiring, but I'm thankful he's working, and I'm thankful he's a Soldier. He makes me proud, and when he comes in at 8 am Tuesday, he doesn't have to leave again until Thursday at 11:30. :) That makes for plenty of time for us to be together. I'm still praying that God will send another job his way, or least allow a shift change to open up. I think God is teaching me patience. I'm not a patient person at all, but I'm learning to be one. I'm learning to just let go, let God, and trust his timing. It's not always easy, but I know as my God, He is doing things that are going to work out the best for me.
      It's that time again! Cool weather, hoodies and jeans, hot chocolate, fires and s'mores, lots of candy and good food, family time, presents and all things wonderful! I'm not a fan of the cold...at all. I despise it, but I love all that it brings with it. Chris and I are on the ball this year! We've already bought Christmas gifts! I have three gifts for Chris, I have stocking stuffers for most of the family, and we've bought most of Maddison's gifts already. Well, it's on layaway, but we have it. :) It feels so good to be ahead of the game, and to have things already done. There's still quite a bit to get, but I don't feel so rushed to get it all done. My issue will be keeping it all together until Christmas! Lol. Some people think I'm crazy for already getting things, but that's ok, one day, they will learn....maybe. I'm super excited about the things we've picked for Maddison and I cannot wait til we can give them to her. I can't believe it's her third Christmas. Time is flying by and I'm trying to enjoy every single minute of it.
       Well, I guess I better get off here, and get cleaning, I have a lot to do before Chris gets home and before the baby shower tonight. I completely forgot about it, so I have to get all my cleaning done while Maddison naps so that way when she gets up, we can run to the store get the gift and then make home to see Chris for minute (hopefully) and then head to the shower. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Remember to let go and let God, because He will see your through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment