Thursday, October 6, 2011

Can I really do this? Yes...yes I can.

It's been a few days since I last posted, but I have been a busy woman. Not only does a 2 year old require most of my attention, I've been trying to learn to crochet. :) It's been frustrating to say the least, but I'm getting there. I started out trying to learn the "granny" square, but my squares were round...haha. So, I put that down for now, and chose to work on a scarf. Eh...it's ok, not the greatest but for the first one I ever made, it's not awful...I'm not finished yet, but I'm hoping to be down with it tomorrow. Here's a picture of where I'm at.I sure hope and pray that it starts looking better....
    So, I went to the weight loss clinic for the first time the other day. It was wonderful. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. But, I learned some awesome information, and it really motivated me. It helps that my regular physician is the one taking care of my at the clinic too. :) She is absolutely wonderful. Her assistant, was great as well. So, they put me on a NO carb diet...OH MY GOODNESS! It's been hard, but I have made it through the first two days. Right now, I am not supposed to eat any carbs, no fruit, so sweet tea, nothing but veggies and meat, peanut butter, protein shakes, and nuts....oh my. It's hard fixing breakfast, and only giving toast to Chris and Maddison, or making a sandwich, and not being able to have the bread. Ugh, but it's totally worth it! After only one day of taking the medicine and follow the "lifestyle" change, I lost TWO pounds! It was great getting on scale and seeing that I lost two pounds. I was soo excited! I really can't wait to get to my goal weight. I'm determined to get healthy for Maddison, Chris and myself. It's definitely a challenge, but I'm going to do it. It's not just a diet, it's a lifestyle. And we're getting Maddison on it too. We're using whole grain bread, whole grain rice and pasta, apples and peanut butter as snacks and lots of fresh veggies. It's a change, for all of us, but it will be worth it. I know that if we get Maddison eating healthy now, she won't struggle with it later, she won't have the issues that we are dealing with now. I want the best for her, and this is best. Don't get me wrong we will drink sweet drinks, and have a brownie occasionally, because it's life and we need to live it, but it's better living healthy. Please pray for me as we take this journey.
   Overall, things are going pretty good for us. Things could definitely be better, but I'm thankful for what I have. God is good! I'm super excited about going to Orlando for our anniversary! It's going to be a nice get away to celebrate the three years we have been together. They've been hard, they've been trying, there's been lots of tears and lots of smiles, but no matter what it is we go through, I'm glad Chris is the one that is by my side. He just makes everything ok. He doesn't always have the answer I'm looking for, but he always says, just pray about it. He knows how to make laugh when I feel like crying, and when I'm frustrated and fussing at him, he's still the same. He loves me unconditionally, as I do him. He's a wonderful father, and I'm glad to call him my husband, my soldier and the love of my life. <3
Well, I'm going to get off here, and finish working on my scarf, and then get some rest. I hope you have a wonderful night and until next time...xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment