Monday, September 26, 2011

Seeing the Blessings

I've been slacking on my blog post...but I have really enjoyed the time with my family. I can't tell you how wonderful it is having my family complete again. It was only two weeks, but it felt like forever. I love the feeling of getting to be with each other after being apart. It's wonderful, and each time he leaves and comes back, we're a lot closer than we were before. It's no fun at all being separated, for whatever the reason may be, but I also see the blessing in the situation. :)

Maddison is loving her daddy being home. She has been in heaven, and so has he. I love watching the two of them together. They make me heart smile. It's a bond, and a love I can't explain, but it's definitely something wonderful. She absolutely adores her daddy, and there's nothing he wouldn't do for her. The two of them LOVE watching Spongebob, they can sit on the couch for thirty minutes and laugh and just enjoy each other being there. I can't stand Spongebob, I feel like my brain cells die each time I watch it, but I love to watch them watching it. They look so happy and so content just being with each other.

It was nice spending Saturday with Chris too. I love going shopping with him, and I love it more, when he spoils me. :) We had a wonderful lunch, and just enjoyed the time together. We love Maddison, and would not give her up for the world, but it's nice having "us" time. We need that time together. It allows to learn something new each, and allows us to put the responsibilities of life aside for the moment. I never want us, no matter how crazy life gets, to forget where we started, or to forget why we fell in love with each other. The time alone helps us to grow as a couple, and then we take what we've discussed and apply it our family as a whole. I cherish the weekends when we just run away for the weekend. Things haven't always been easy, but it's so wonderful to get away, and enjoy each other. I encourage you, to take time for just you and your spouse. You don't have to go out of town, you don't have to spend a lot of money, you can stay in for the weekend playing cards or board games, watching movies and just enjoying the company of each other. It will do you some good.

For once, I don't have much else to say. Make your days and your time with your family count, enjoy each other and love each other like there's no tomorrow. Life is too short to be angry and mad. Put God first in your life and everything else will fall into place. Try to be positive and see the blessing even in the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment