Monday, September 19, 2011

Romans 8:28

It's been a long couple days for me. I am so over this class that Chris is at, and I cannot wait until he gets home. We've been in the process of trying to buy a mobile home, and this place is about to make me go crazy white girl on them. One day we're approved, and the next we're not. It's very frustrating, and I'm upset that they don't have it together. I was so excited and couldn't believe we would have our own home in just a few months. Now, we're back to square one. Don't get me wrong, I'm upset and frustrated, but I know that God has bigger and better for us, and there's a reason this didn't work out, and I know He works things out to our good. Romans 8:28 assures me of this. Thankfully, I have a very patient and encouraging husband who has calmed my anger, and frustration and said, just go get our deposit, and we'll move on. God gave me Chris because He knows I need someone who is laid back, doesn't anger quickly and doesn't stress out. Even half way across the world, just an email from him changes everything. A husband is a life partner who is there through the ups and downs, and I'm so glad Chris is the one by my side. He is truly a blessing and an addition to my life.
     So, I had jury duty for the first time. What craziness! I was not looking forward to it all. I didn't want to go, but I didn't want to deal with the consequences of not going. Turned out, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Thankfully, I'm a full time stay at home mom to a two year, so I was excused! I do think being on a jury is important, but there's no way this was the right time for me, and I believe someone out there wanted to be there more than I did. :) I'm thankful I got out early, was able to go buy breakfast and then enjoy the day with my mother in law and daughter.
      It was a good day. I really needed to be at home getting my house in shape, but I enjoyed it. I believe we all did. Maddison seems to have some kind of viral thing. She hasn't been too sick, but is a little pale and is sleeping a lot. I sure hope it passes soon, and that it doesn't get worse before it gets better. She needs to be a healthy little girl on Friday! I can't wait! We are counting down, and I know she cannot wait til her daddy is home. She gets up in the mornings and ask if Daddy is at work. She misses him, and it's heartbreaking at times. I know it's a great thing he's doing, and I know that as a Soldier who is making this a career, there's going to be more time apart, more deployments, and more heartbreaking times where Maddison misses him. It's a sacrifice she's making, but has no control over it. She doesn't understand now, why he's gone, and why he has to leave, but one day she will, and I know she will proud of her daddy. She's going to be a strong young woman one day, and everything she goes through is shaping her into that person she's meant to be. I just hope that we're teaching her the right way, and that she learns to lean on God to get her through everything. She is a remarkable 2 year, and has been the best thing to come into our lives.
     Well, I guess I better get off here, and find something for dinner. Today I felt stressed, relieved and frustrated, but I know it's all going to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment