Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just say, I love you

Today, was kind of boring. Maddison and held down the fort and didn't leave the house today. It was actually kind of nice! I really have to get my house together and nice and clean before Friday. We did have a nice little thunderstorm come in. It was kind of scary for a bit, but with prayer, we made it through. It's hard for me sometimes though, because I don't like storms, but I have to be strong and not let Maddison feel my fears. She was so pitiful. When the storm first got bad, I went to check on her and she was laying in bed with the covers over her head. I asked if she was ok, and she said "momma the thunder scares me". :( It was awful. I scooped her and took her to my bed to snuggle with me. We made popcorn, watched a movie and waited for the storm to pass. Thankfully, she is now fast asleep having happy dreams!

As a person that believes there is power pray, I'm asking that you say a special prayer for a friend of mine and her son. He fell while praying and cracked his hip and hasn't been able to walk. The doctors are hoping that it will on its own, but it's heartbreaking for him mom to watch him be in pain and being a boy, he wants to walk, and run and be into everything and right now he can't. I know she and her family would greatly appreciate the prayers. 

On to something happier, we are one day closer to Chris being home, and I can't begin to describe how I feel! He is doing so well in this class, and has really made me proud. I kind of wish Maddison was old enough to realize just how soon he will be home! I know he won't be able to leave her side when he gets home. I was telling my mom the other day, that you would think she would be a momma's girl as much as she is with me, but she is her daddy's shadow. I'm thankful for that though. I believe that a girl needs a strong father figure in her life, and as a daddy's girl myself, I'm glad Chris and Maddison are as close as they are. Don't get me wrong, as a mother I know my role is important and that we need a close relationship too, but we have that.
While on the subject on relationships with parents, let me just say, I know that we don't always get along with our parents. You won't always agree, and you won't always see eye to eye on things, but I feel no matter what, you should do all you can to make sure there is a good relationship there. Our parents do things for us, no one else would even consider doing. They love us unconditionally, and when everyone else turns their backs on us, they will be there, with open arms willing to help us out. So, please, if things aren't good with your parents, if your relationship isn't what it should be, then try to fix it. Give it your best shot. If you haven't spoken to them recently, call them up or send them a text just to tell them you love them. One day, they won't be around and you'll miss, miss the chance to talk to them, or see them, so be sure you let them know how things are, so you don't regret not doing it one day.

Anyways, I did get my Scentsy Facebook page put in order today! There is still a few things that need to be done to it, but it's looking awesome. I had my first giveaway as well! Two ladies won a Scentsy Circle and got to choose the scent! I'm super excited about Scentsy and I booked my first party! I can't wait to get some more samples made and get some catalogs in the mail. Scentsy is wonderful, and I am really working hard to make this business work for me! Say a little pray for me as I take this journey. It will really help my family with the extra income, and I just love working with people and I really enjoy all the scents in warmers!  If you've never heard of Scentsy and would like some more information and samples email me at armywife101008@gmail.com

For now, I will continue my countdown to Friday, and try to get some sleep. Goodnight




No comments:

Post a Comment