Thursday, September 22, 2011

Loads and Loads of Excitement!

It is 10 minutes til 10 o'clock, I have sooo much to do, and here I am sitting on the computer. Thank goodness the excitement is going to keep me up tonight! Tomorrow, we will be picking up Chris from his two week class! He is now a Pathfinder, and I couldn't be more proud of him! I'm so excited that I will be able to pin him too! I've always see Soldier's wives or significant others pin them when they get a promotion or something, but never thought I would get to do it! When Chris asked, I had tears well up in my eyes. I'm not quite sure why, though. I'm just super proud of him and I cannot wait to see him! I know Maddison is going to be one happy little girl as well. She has certainly missed her daddy. But, before he gets home, I have to clean our room and the bathroom, finish putting away the clothes and vacuum. It doesn't sound like a lot, but you just have no idea of how many clothes I have to put up! It's awful, and my momma would be ashamed lol. I just hope there's something good on t.v. to keep me occupied while I clean. One day, maybe I'll learn to not be such a procrastinator. I don't know where I get the habit from, but it's not a good one.
     Over the past two weeks, I have been stressed, and emotional, but with the grace of God and a phone call from Chris every night, I managed to make it through. I've thought much about future deployments these last few days, and every time I do, I start to cry. I feel like there's no way I'll make it through. Maddison is older now and knows daddy is gone, but doesn't understand why. It's hard to explain it to her too. I know, that when the time comes, I'll manage, as I always do, but it's a scary thought. I just pray that God continues to prepare my family for these times, and continues to give us the strength we need to get through.
    Well, I'm off to put Maddison to bed and to get me cleaning done. I hope you all have a wonderful night! I know I will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment