Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sorry for the Delay

    It has been a long, long time since I have blogged. Mostly, just because I haven't taken the time to sit down and do it. I don't know why either, I really enjoy blogging. So, here we are, one day away from Thanksgiving. I cannot believe that Nov 2011 is almost over. This year has just flown by. Things are so fast paced, and time just doesn't stop. I'm glad that I've taken the time to enjoy Maddison at a young age, enjoy my family, and the things that are most important. Soon, everything will be changing and I will miss every day that I've had to be at home with Maddison and the one on one time that we've had. She's a special little girl, who grows and learns something new each day. It's crazy to think, she's not a baby anymore, she's a little girl. She's full of personality, stubborn and persistent, but very smart, and willing to do most anything. She loves her family, loves going to church, and is always a very happy person. I'm anxious to see the young lady that she is going to become, but I'm not rushing it, and I'm enjoying every minute of the stubbornness, the potty training, and all the oatmeal she loves to eat. I'm telling you, she can brighten anyone's day, and put a smile on every face. I love her, and wouldn't trade her for the world! :)
      With Thanksgiving tomorrow, and Christmas right around the corner, this is my favorite time of the year. I'm definitely loving it this year, because it has been exceptionally warm! I do not, I mean do not like the cold weather, so I'm perfectly happy! Everyone says, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, or I wish it was colder....no thank you, I can eat just as much on a warm day as I can on a freezing cold day. Maddison can still play outside without freezing, I can open the windows, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops...and I'm loving it! :) I'm super excited about Christmas, it's on Sunday this year, which means we'll have church, but what better way to celebrate Christmas, than going to church? Maddison is at the age, she's going to love it too! She loves church, so church and presents on the same day, is going to make her a very happy little girl. I just wish things weren't so materialistic nowadays. I'm trying hard to show Maddison, that the gift of family, and the love that we feel is the all that we need, that gifts are not a necessity, and that you have to live within your means. For us, that means not a lot. Sometimes I feel bad, and I try to make stretch every penny make sure everyone has something, but Chris always reminds me, it's not about the gifts it's what you can do, and if just inviting everyone over, and having lunch is all you can do, then so be it. We're trying to fill stockings for everyone this year...it's not going so well, but we have a back up plan, and our parents and grandparents have been sure to tell us, not to worry about them. Although, they will get a little something. :) I heard someone say, if you are stressed over the gifts you bought, or the debt you put yourself in to buy the gifts, then you can't really enjoy the time with your family. Sometimes, just a little homemade gift makes all the difference. For me personally, I want you to take the time to make me a hand made card, or ornament for my tree, something that is going to last me a long time. And really, I can't remember half of what I got for Christmas last year, and I know I've already given away some of things Maddison received. Sometimes, the gifts are overwhelming and you just get too much. Just remember, if you can't afford it, then don't. If someone gets mad because you showed up without a gift for them, shame of them. If you come to my house, I'm just glad you're there, and I promise not to be mad. Lol. Just go back to the basics, and enjoy what you have with the family you have with or without gifts. :) Christmas is so much more than gifts, and the true meaning of Christmas is what we should be focused on. Those of you with little children, if you teach them now that they get everything they want, they will always expect it, if you teach them they get what you can buy on your budget with what you have, they will be happy to get it. Remind them also, that there are some children who won't get anything.
     Anyways, I'm done with my little rant....I have to remind myself of that all the time as well. :) Things are going pretty well in the Crews household. Things are tough at times, and I tend to worry a little, but I know that God will supply all of our needs, and He has yet to let me down! I'm supposed to be cleaning, and getting the house ready for Christmas decorations, but I know there's more time to get it done. We've been facing a few decisions lately, and sometimes we feel like our heads are spinning, but we'll make it, and God will show us what we need to do. The rest of this year is going to be great, and I'm looking forward to closing out 2011 and opening 2012. I'm looking forward to some wonderful blessings, and I'm ready to see what is in store for us.

I hope you have a very wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving. be very thankful for all you have, enjoy the family time, and eat lots of good food! :) 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment