Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Days 13 and 14

I'm not really sure where day 13 ended and day 14 began for. It's been a crazy here in my house with Maddison getting sick...so I'm just going to group these two days together.

Day 13 & 14--- I am thankful for tylenol, prayers, a king size bed, DVR, luke warm baths and mothers who have great advice.
The tylenol and luke warm bath have helped Maddison break her fever, now it's just a waiting game to see if it comes back. Thankfully, I am able to call my mom and my mother in law and ask what the best the thing to do in this situation is. It's kind of scary, especially knowing she was exposed to the flu.
The prayers have helped me know that someone cares, and that with God, I will get through this. It has been one thing after another lately, and I just cannot seem to catch a break and I feel there is no rest for the weary...yet I know God will supply my rest and give me the strength to make it through whatever valley I come too.
A king size bed and DVR....we would be in trouble without these. There is NOTHING worth watching on at 2:30 in the morning when your sick child feels it's time to be in mom and dad's bed. We don't have a DVD player, but thankfully we have several of Maddison's favorite movies recorded on DVR. Beauty and the Beast, George of the Jungle, Scooby Doo, and Tangled to just name a few. The king size bed, well it needs to be bigger. As it turns out, no matter what, Daddy and Maddison are not giving up more of the bed than they have too. I have no idea where C.J. is going to fit because I cannot possibly slide over any more, or I will be on the floor. I guess it's just a mother thing, but I always sleep conservative when my baby is the bed so she has plenty of room and we don't feel squished. However, her daddy doesn't see things like I do and proceeds to sleep all crazy and take up a good chunk of the bed. I think I may just slide him to the inside so he can cuddle with the wall and be cramped and uncomfortable for a change. :p
Mostly I just like to give him a hard time...I know that when he's gone to work and the children are napping that my wonderful job allows me to nap where his doesn't, so I try not to pick on him too much. However, I'm thankful we gave of the queen and got the king because we would really be in a tough spot. I don't mind lounging out in one of the recliners in the living room with Maddison, but for now, the bed is the place I have to be and I'm thankful although it's tight quarters, we're close, and none of us mind that! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment